The first new potatoes of the season are always the real sign of summer to me. Fresh early potatoes boiled with butter is a go to but there are lots of other ways to use early potatoes in creative ways. After working all day I was lacking motivation to cook a real meal and had some veggies that needed used. The result was this easy potato salad that doesn’t follow any traditional potato salad recipe and doesn’t have any measured quantities.
- 2lb of Country Magic Early potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Handful of Asparagus
- Glob of Mayonnaise
- Generous glob of Pesto
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and quarter Country Magic Potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Put in the oven to roast for approximately 30 minutes until the outside is crunchy and golden. Stir the potatoes every 10 minutes to prevent sticking.
- While the potatoes are roasting, start preparing the asparagus. Snap the ends of the asparagus to remove the tough ends of the spears. Cut asparagus spears into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Cook the asparagus however you prefer (oven, stove, grill etc). I typically blanche my asparagus because I like them a little crisp.
- Mix roasted potatoes, asparagus, a glob of mayo and a glob of pesto. Easier potato salad ever.
First serving I ate warm and the next day I had it cold accompanied by a lobster roll. Either way they tasted great!!