Making Jam and Jelly is more of a science than a recipe, meaning you cant play to much with it.
- 5-6 pints Country Magic Blackberries
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 pouches (170mL) Liquid Pectin
- 7 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Wash and thoroughly crush blackberries. Simmer 5 minutes, covered.
- Pour prepared mixture into dampened jelly bagger cheese cloth-lined sieve suspended over a deep container.
- Let juice drip undisturbed, at least 2 hours or overnight. For quicker results, squeeze bag; juice may be cloudy.
- Measure 3 3/4 cups prepared juice into a large, deep stainless steel saucepan.
- Stir in lemon juice and all the sugar. Add the butter to help reduce foaming.
- Over high heat, bring mixture to a full roiling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Add liquid pectin. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and quickly skim off any foam that has formed on top of the jelly.
- Place in hot sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 12 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Bernarden Jar Company &
The Kilted Chef proud ambassador of Country Magic