Do you want to work in the beautiful Annapolis Valley with a progressive and innovative team? Are you passionate about numbers? If so, we are searching for an Accounting Clerk to join our team. You will work closely with the Corporate Controller and accounting staff in the development of your career in a challenging and stimulating work environment. You will have a positive, professional approach in planning, scheduling, communicating and organizing activities of your position.
The Nova Agri Group of companies is a nationally recognized innovative Agri Food business located in the Annapolis Valley specializing in production, marketing, and value addition product. As fourth generation farmers, we are dedicated to farming using principles of good stewardship. We farm in a way that shows respect for the land, pride in our product, and commitment to our community. We foster a positive work environment and recognize the value of our employees and the importance of workplace safety, product quality, excellence in customer service, and respect for the environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable entry and posting
- Intercompany transactions
- Bank entries and reconciliations, bank deposits
- Credit card reconciliation
- Reconciling, analyzing and maintaining various GL accounts and subledgers
- Assist with month end and year end close procedures
- Providing assistance with inquiries from internal and external customers and vendors
- Other duties as required
- Post secondary education in accounting or business at the university or college level
- 1-3 years’ progressive accounting experience
- Strong understanding of general accounting processes
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal skills required
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education. A wide range of benefits are available.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all who express an interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.