Work With Us
The Nova Agri Group is an exciting and ever-evolving group of companies that are focused on providing a positive work environment for our employees. Our goal is to acquire and retain new employees to become valued members of our team.
If you are responding to one of our job postings email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to work in the beautiful Annapolis Valley with a progressive and innovative team? Are you passionate about numbers? We are searching for an experienced Corporate Controller to lead the financial management, planning and reporting responsibilities for the Nova Agri Group of Companies.
The Nova Agri Group of companies is a nationally recognized innovative Agri Food business located in the Annapolis Valley specializing in production, marketing, and value addition product. As fourth generation farmers, we are dedicated to farming using principles of good stewardship. We farm in a way that shows respect for the land, pride in our product, and commitment to our community. We foster a positive work environment and recognize the value of our employees and the importance of workplace safety, product quality, excellence in customer service, and respect for the environment.
The successful candidate, reporting directly to the Chief Executive officer will be responsible for the production of monthly financial reports, ensure maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and develop a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results with ASPE. The controller will monitor the health and profitability of all business lines. Additional duties will include:
- Participate in the development of, and support the company’s strategic financial plans, including providing financial advice on strategic initiatives, including corporate planning and review of material contracts
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including regular updates to the Senior Management Team, and Board of Directors, as well as liaising with the company’s external accountants
- Preparation and maintenance of financial records, controls, policies and procedures
- Manage the accounts receivables and accounts payables functions, and provision of oversight and guidance to team members
- Prepare company monthly and annual revenue and operating budgets
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable personnel
- Oversee all banking arrangements and relationships, including any required reporting and ensuring on-going covenant compliance
- An undergraduate university degree in accounting, finance, business, commerce or economics, with a professional accounting designation
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior finance role for a major company or division of a large corporation, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership function
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude to influence others, a commitment to continuous quality improvement and a results oriented management style
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
This position will be of interest to a highly motivated, confident, self-starter who thrives on organizational success and accomplishment. Due to the nature of the industry, the ideal candidate must be comfortable in a work environment that changes from the very hands-on, to one of high level strategic planning. In addition, the individual must be detail oriented, having well-honed analytical and problem solving skills.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education. A wide range of benefits are available.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and a one page cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate all who express an interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Check back regularly for career opportunities.