Fill-By Weight Operator
Title: Fill-By Weight Operator for the Fruit Plant
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Reports To: Fruit Plant Production Manager
Review Date: End of Season
The Fill-By Weight Operator will be responsible to maintain the optimal flow of product through the filler into the correct packaging with minimal spillage and through the labeller so that the packaged product is labelled and coded correctly. The Fill-By Weight Operator will also change the roll of labels when the spool of labels is emptied as well as when packaged products change in such a manner that downtime is minimized. The Fill-By Weight Operator will change the code for the different lots and/or products as necessary. The Fill-By Weight Operator will work closely with the maintenance technician in order to troubleshoot all issues that may arise with the equipment.
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Have the correct packaging and labels at the production line for start-up and replenish these as needed throughout the shift being mindful to keep separate the different packaging and labels that are used
- Calibrate the scales daily to ensure the proper weight of fruit is being packaged to within 3 grams of specification of each product.
- Check air pressure daily before start-up.
- Enable and disable product hoppers for the amount of product being packaged. The speed of the Fill-By Weight Machine is adjusted for the flow of fruit being packaged.
- Setup and dismantle the Fill-By Weight machine for production and for sanitation
- Help the Denester operator in the collection of double clamshells while adjusting the denester to correct the issue.
- Setup the labeller with the correct labels and the inkjet printer with the correct code.
- Properly changeover the denester, the Fill-By Weight machine, the index conveyor, closure and labeller to all sizes of clamshells
- Change the lot code as needed.
- Communicate effectively with other plant team members in particular about quality of the fruit being packaged so that the finished product matches the fruit plant’s quality specifications.
- Be an effective member of the team
- Report and deliver properly completed paperwork including the label record and downtime sheet.
- Observe and follow the sanitation standards set in the Fruit Plant’s policies periodically cleaning the floor of the work station
- Clean the Fill- By Weight machine at the end of each shift
- Work in a safe manner using safe work practices including Lock Out Tag Out
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be punctual and able to work unsupervised
- Provide skills training to other on site employees as required.
- Be willing to take any requested Safety course sponsored by the company.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Comply with all food safety policies
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. using correct lifting techniques
- Must be able to crawl under machines and in confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able work in a cool environment
Hours: 6:30 am – 6:30 pm or as necessary
Overtime work is required.
There will be weekend work as required by the blueberry harvest.
The work is seasonal from July to October.
Location: Nova Fruit Plant
1231 Middle Dyke Rd.
Special working conditions:
- There is a lot of moving equipment.
- There is forklift traffic in a fast paced environment.
- There is close quarters to walk in and work in.
- Tools, if needed, are provided.
- Must have own transportation.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.