Fruit Receiver for the Fruit Plant
Title: Fruit Receiver for the Fruit Plant
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Reports To: Fruit Plant Production Manager
Review Date: End of Season
The Fruit Receiver will be responsible to receive fruit at the receiving door. The Fruit Receiver will accurately weigh incoming fruit and enter this data into Produce Pro. The Fruit Receiver will stage the pallets of fruit in holding and into the pre-cooler for proper cooling. The Fruit Receiver will then remove the pallets of fruit from the pre-cooler.
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Maintain a supply of receiving pallets.
- If the trays of fruit are not on pallets, put the trays of fruit on pallets.
- Receive fruit at the receiving door.
- Communicate effectively with people bringing fruit to the plant.
- Accurately weigh incoming produce.
- Enter correct and accurate data into Produce Pro.
- Correctly label all incoming field product from data entered into Produce Pro.
- Complete accurately all incoming and outgoing paperwork for production and for 3rd Party growers
- Stage incoming product into holding.
- Use a pallet jack to move pallets of trayed fruit from holding to coolers.
- Place tarps over the pallets of blueberries and tie them down.
- Organize inventory in the coolers.
- Stage pallets of fruit in the pre-cool area in preparation of packing.
- Periodically clean work area throughout the shift to maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Observe and follow the sanitation standards set in the Fruit Plant’s policies.
- Work in a safe manner using safe work practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be punctual and able to work unsupervised
- Provide skills training to other on-site employees as required.
- Be willing to take any requested Safety course sponsored by the company.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment such as steel toed shoes.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Comply with all food safety policies
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. using correct lifting techniques
- Must be able to move pallets of fruit using a pallet jack
- Must be able to work in a cool environment
Hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm or as necessary
Overtime work is required.
There will be weekend work as required by the blueberry harvest.
The work is seasonal from July to October.
Location: Nova Fruit Plant
1231 Middle Dyke Rd.
Special working conditions:
- There is a lot of moving equipment.
- There is forklift traffic in a fast paced environment.
- There is close quarters to walk in and work in.
- Tools are provided.
- Must have own transportation