The Nova Agri Group of Companies is a leading producer/processor of fruits and vegetables in Nova Scotia. We are currently seeking General Laborers for our Onion Packing Facility in Centreville NS.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the General Laborers will be responsible for preparing the final packaged finished product for shipping. The jobs could include grading the product, packing, palletizing, and general cleaning.
Training & Experience
- High school diploma would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must be flexible with hours of work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Must be able to bend, twist and turn.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Perform periodic clean up as needed throughout the shift
- Observe and follow the sanitation standards set in the Blueberry Plant’s policies
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs using correct lifting techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidates will work in a fast-changing environment and must be able to work some weekends and holidays and be flexible with hours. There is work for approximately a 12-week period.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education of the candidate.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by our offices to fill out an application at 1225 Middle Dyke Road, Centreville.