Grader and Packer
Title: Grader for the Vegetable Plant
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Vegetable Plant Production Manager
The Grader will be responsible to inspect, grade, sort and classify products by size, weight, color and condition.
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Start and stop the grading line if required.
- Discard inferior and/ or defective products as well as foreign matter and allow acceptable products to continue on the conveyors
- Grade and sort products as to color, species, length, width, appearance, feel, smell and quality to ensure correct processing and usage
- Notify the Production Manager or QC immediately upon finding glass, animals or rocks
- Be an effective member of the team and work well with others
- Perform periodic clean up as needed throughout the shift to maintain a clean work area
- Observe and follow the sanitation standards set in the Vegetable Plant’s policies
- Work in a safe manner using safe work practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be punctual and able to work unsupervised
- Provide skills training to other on site employees as required.
- Be willing to take any requested Safety sponsored by the company
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment including steel toed shoes before starting work
- Maintenance of a safe working environment
- Comply with all food safety policies
- Must be able to use repetitive arm motions while grading product on a moving conveyor table.
- Specific vision abilities are required including peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus on the fruit.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able work in a cool environment
Location: Nova Vegetable Plant
1301 Saxon Street
Special working conditions:
- There is a lot of moving equipment
- There is forklift traffic in a fast paced environment
- There is close quarters to walk in and work in.
- Tools are provided if required.
- Must have own transportation
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume to email@example.com.