About Us: The Nova Agri Group of companies is a nationally recognized innovative Agri Food business located in the Annapolis Valley specializing in production, marketing, and value addition product. As fourth generation farmers, we are dedicated to farming using principles of good stewardship. We farm in a way that shows respect for the land, pride in our product, and commitment to our community. We foster a positive work environment and recognize the value of our employees and the importance of workplace safety, product quality, excellence in customer service, and respect for the environment.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Machine Operator will be responsible to clean, set up, operate, and monitor equipment on the processing line. The Machine Operator is required to operate multiple machines within certain specifications. The Machine Operator has the ability to troubleshoot, and problem solve basic operating challenges.
Training & Experience
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent. Related experience of 1 or 2 years would be an asset.
- Strong mechanical, troubleshooting, problem solving skills are necessary to minimize downtime.
- Provide accurate details to mechanical staff regarding equipment issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices, food safety and personal hygiene policies.
- Ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in the changeover process and sets up (assembly and disassembly) of equipment to meet and exceed established standards.
- Strong communication, organizational and multitasking skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills are required.
- Duties will also include sanitation, housekeeping and cleaning of packaging area as required.
- Must be able to perform other tasks as required.
There is work for approximately a 12-week period. Flexibility of work hours is required including weekends and holidays. The successful applicant must be able to lift 25 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
The rate of pay for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education of the candidate.
To apply: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org