Title: Packer for the Fruit Plant
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Reports To: Fruit Plant Production Manager
Review Date: End of Season
The Nova Agri Group of Companies is a leading producer/processor of fruits and vegetables in Nova Scotia. We are currently seeking a Product Packer for our Blueberry Packing Facility in Centreville NS. This is a seasonal position (July – October).
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Product Packer will be responsible to perform the final inspection on the finished product and to properly place the approved product into flats.
Training & Experience
- Minimum high school diploma is required.
- Must have computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must be flexible with hours of work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s
- To visually inspect the finished product
- Have knowledge of the finished product specifications for the different products
- To either remove the finished product if it does not meet company standards or to properly pack into flats the finished product that meets company standards
- Make hand adjustments to product not meeting company standards
- Perform periodic clean up as needed throughout the shift
- Have accurate inventory control
- Observe and follow the sanitation standards set in the Blueberry Plant’s policies
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs using correct lifting techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will work in a fast-changing environment and must be able to work weekends and
holidays and be flexible with hours. There is work for approximately a 12-week period.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education of the candidate.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.