The Nova Agri Group of Companies is a leading producer/processor of fruits and vegetables in Nova Scotia. We are currently seeking a Shipper/Receiver for our Fruit Packing Facility in Centreville NS. This is a seasonal position (July – November).
Reporting to the Storage Manager, the Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for receiving and cooling fruit, supplying packaging materials to production and preparing out going shipments of fruit.
Training & Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma is required.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have forklift certification, recent experience and a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must pay attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Must be flexible with hours of work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
The successful candidate will work in a fast changing environment and must be able to work weekends and holidays and be flexible with hours. There is work for approximately a 20 week period.
The shipper/receiver will be responsible for:
- Must follow all company GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Must be able to carry out instructions in oral and written form.
- Ensure the packing team has the necessary packaging materials for uninterrupted packing of fruit.
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies and procedures and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Be able to load and unload material and/or product on transport trucks.
- Complete paperwork and use a computer to receive fruit.
- Enter data into the computerized production system.
- Cool fruit in the approved method of the company.
- Receive purchases such as packaging, parts, etc. and notify proper manager of arrival.
- Maintain a clean, orderly warehouse by sweeping floor, removing garbage and recycling.
- Perform other duties as assigned including backup to the receiving department as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the experience, qualifications and education of the candidate.
To apply, please submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person/mail at 1225 Middle Dyke Road, Centreville, NS B0P 1JO