Technical Support Specialist
In 50 years, Nova Agri has grown from a small family operation to one of the leaders in the Canadian Agri food industry. We farm more than 2,500 acres of the rich soils of the Annapolis Valley. Our primary crops grown for domestic and export markets include potatoes, onions, high bush blueberries, grape tomatoes, blackberries, strawberries, with grains as rotational crops. We pack and market these and other fruits and vegetables to the Atlantic Provinces and North Eastern USA.
The Technical Support Specialist will support the Director of Food Safety/Quality & OH&S in enhancing the Food Safety, Quality and Occupational Health and Safety programs for the Nova Agri group of companies. This is a position within the organization that will collect, input, and analyze data. The technician will communicate with the Managers and Directors in order to support high quality product processing.
Food Safety & Quality:
- Understanding of all products and processes throughout the organization.
- Map out all processes for identification of areas of improvement.
- Work with each department to verify SOPs and modify where required.
- Auditing operations to CanadaGAP standards.
- Participation in annual training for GMPs
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Identify training requirements throughout the organization.
- Training of employees on safe practices.
- Organize annual inspections and fire drills.
- Tracking of H&S stats.
What we are seeking:
- BSc in Food Science or related discipline
- Three years experience in a manufacturing operation.
- Auditing experience an asset
- Understanding of CanadaGAP an asset
- Basic understanding of Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Team Player – ability to motivate and lead teams, as well as being part of a team
- Self Motivated – works well with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good documentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable training
- Must have own vehicle
- Must be able to work flexible hours
We are pleased to offer the following benefits:
Nova Agri offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous vacation entitlement and health and dental coverage. Employees are also offered life and accident insurance, a long-term disability insurance program, and a group savings and retirement program that include a RRSP and/or Tax-Free Savings Account enrollment.