- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping cup Country Magic Blueberries
- 1/ cup almond slices, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a round 9 inch cake pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream, almond extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in flour mixture by hand, stirring until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Transfer cake batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with toasted almond slivers.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean (about 45- 55 minutes)
- Let cool before transferring to a cake pan.
- 1 1/2 cup berries (blackberries or strawberries)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place berries and sugar into a Vitamix and blend well, serve either over individual slices of cake or offer on the side.
- Finish with whipped cream.
*You could also add diced fresh strawberries instead of blueberries!
Recipe inspired The Kilted Chef proud ambassador of Country Magic