Routines are hard to break and they can make lunch time a drag when your constantly bringing the same 3 or 4 meals to work. Try something quick and new each week to brighten up your day and make lunchtime more exciting!
New lunchtime meals don’t have to be hard, expensive or time consuming. Sometimes the simplest things to make are often the most delicious. The first time I tried this Balsamic Grape Tomato Pasta I was shocked at how quick and easy it was to make, the only change I made since then was to use a lighter type of pasta. Originally I had used whole-wheat penne past (which is quite heavy), a heavier noodle really weighs down the dish. I now use mini shells pasta, but i’m sure elbow macaroni or fusilli would work as well.
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1 pint Country Magic grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tsp balsamic vinegar (depending on your preference)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, olive oil, vinegar and cheese. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Toss with noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve and enjoy
I was thinking of some other variations that I would like to try next time:
- Instead of using Parmesan cheese I might try using crumbled feta
- Instead of using basil, garlic, and olive oil use pesto for a different flavour
- It might be nice to have the tomatoes grilled prior to being used in the recipe